Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nursing Home Update

We went to see Mom at the nursing home today after church. She was in the dining room eating lunch. They are giving her pureed food again and thickened liquids. She didn't seem to mind it at all. She ate about half of her food and drank some water and a couple sips of coffee. She knew who we were, she called me by name and said that Tim was my husband. After she ate, we took her back to her room in her wheelchair. She said she was cold, so I wrapped a blanket around her and she was sitting in her room watching television. She isn't quite back to where she was, mentally, but I'm not sure she will get back there. It makes me sad to see her back in the nursing home, but I know that she is being cared for there. She hasn't been walking yet, the nurse said they are starting therapy Monday and their goal is to get her back to where she can walk with a walker. I know that Barry and Carla have been to see her. I probably won't go again until Wednesday. Right now, I think I will try to go 2 or 3 times a week. I just can't go every day. I will try to blog as much as I can. It might be the same old thing, but at least you will know how she is doing.

No comments: