Sunday, September 28, 2008

What is Normal?

When Mom was in the nursing home she was sleeping alot. I would get so upset, because I figured no one cared enough to turn on her television or motivate her mind. I decided that I would let her watch games shows and the Waltons, and that I would try to spend time with her helping her look at pictures, etc. That seemed to work for a few days. Today, she is back to sleeping. She didn't get out of bed until 11:30 although I tried to get her up earlier. Needless to say when she did get up, her clothes were soaked and her bed needed changed. I had to bathe her before she could even eat. I fixed spaghetti and garlic bread and gave her a good portion. I went about my business, I moved her bedroom around, stripped the bed, washed a load of clothes and loaded the dishwasher. It took her awhile, but she ate every bite! But she just doesn't seem too perky today. I had her sit in her chair to watch Let's Make a Deal, and she fell asleep immediately. I think she may have a cold, she goes to the doctor tomorrow. That should be fun! Anyway, I am still searching for the answer to that question "What is Normal?" Maybe, wacked (sorry, one of my favorite words) is her normal. Sometimes I think its mine!

No comments: