Friday, October 3, 2008

Almost "Normal?"

Mom woke up this morning at 5:50am, got up and went to the bathroom by herself. I heard her and got up, walked into the bathroom and she looked at me and said, "Good morning, Honey!" Wow! She knew it was morning? It was dark. How does she do that? I had to help her up, but she pulled up pants up, washed her hands, and went back to bed! Then around 3 1/2 hours later, I went in and told her I was fixing breakfast. She told me she would get up. I went back to fixing breakfast and then went to her room, expecting to have to help her up, get her robe...No, she was standing up, no shirt, but had her pants on and was looking for a top to put on. I gave her one, helped her get it over her head, she sat on the bed and put her shoes on, walked out to the kitchen, sat down and is still eating! I believe she has eaten almost everything on her plate- 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, fried potatoes, sausage patties, 2 pieces of toast with jelly and a glass of juice. We may not eat again until supper. I already have the meatloaves in the oven. I try to fix more than we eat in one or two meals. That way, we heat and eat! Well, I'm off to clean the kitchen up, so I will let you know how our day is progressing. She will be occupied awhile today, she has therapy and then a health care nurse is coming out, since Mom was in the hospital. Anyone who wants to come and visit Mom is more than welcome here. It's only a short drive from Muncie.

No comments: