Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weird Day

Tim and I just picked Mom up off the floor again...She rolls out of bed or lays on the edge, then tries to get up and just plops on the floor. Thankfully the bed is low and the floor is carpet. She seems unfazed by it all. I spent a couple of hours today talking to her about the past, as she remembers it. I was not Debbie. I'm not sure who I was...but we do get along better if she doesn't know me. (Imagine that!) She told me Debbie was 17 and was looking for a job...oh to be at that point of my life again! Barry had some sort of operation and Diana had just gotten married. She remembered she lived on Oliver Drive. She told me that her husband, her dad, her daughter, Debbie and her son Barry work at South Side Church of the Nazarene. She used to go to church there, but she just didn't agree with everything they taught. But she does agree with the teachings at South Side Church of God. I showed her a picture of Tim and I, Jeremy and herself at Jeremy's wedding. She immediately knew Jeremy. Tim was a little fuzzy...probably still looked like her Uncle Tim! She knew Carla and talked about "Krissie". Cabot and Ryan Jarrett are brothers (she has their pictures in her purse) and Lauren doesn't have any children. She is just a baby herself. She talked about Robby and Shawn, but I'm not sure she knew exactly who they were connected with. Ryan is in school and has a sweet girlfriend. She has been married 3 times...her first husband was hit by a car crossing the road. She even described what he looked like when she saw his dead body. Morose, huh? Gerald was married to someone else, before they got married. I don't know what her name was. Her mother and dad are still alive and she sees them almost every night, along with Gerald. Gerald bought her a dog yesterday, but she hasn't seen it yet. He has to take it home and give it a bath.
We talked about lots of disconnected things! But I listened and agreed with it all.

At 5 pm she took her sleeping pills and other meds. She went to bed at 6- 6:30 pm. She hasn't been asleep yet. It is now 11:10 pm. I just gave her another sleeping pill around 45 minutes ago. They obviously do not work. I am kinda at my wits end with the sleeping pills. Why don't they work? I know they would kick my butt, if I took a half of one. I'm sure this will be another sleepless night for me. At least until early in the morning, when I fall asleep and then she gets up and I don't hear her. Thankfully, Tim usually does. I am going to move things around tomorrow and put a small couch in her room where I will be able to sleep. Maybe then I'll be able to hear her get up then. I just went in her room for the 6th time to get her laid back down. This time I brought her out and sit her in the recliner. I guess she will sleep there the rest of the night. If that works, she may sleep there every night. I just know she is going to fall and hurt herself and I don't want her to do that. This has just been weird day. She just said she was going to the airport. Hope she has a good trip!

No comments: