Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bad Morning, Good Evening

We had a bad start this morning...but we ended up on a good note! Mom's mind was pretty out in left field this morning. She finally did sleep a couple of hours in her chair and was asleep when the home health aide came to give her a bath. I took that opportunity to run in to Walgreens to pick up supplies for Mom. We added a toilet seat riser today and she got along well with that. When I got back I fixed her lunch, which of course, she ate completely! She then went to her chair again to watch game shows. At 3 pm the physical therapist came for an hour. She responds well to him. He is foreign and just a little hard to understand, but he acts out what he wants her to do and she will do it! She got up and down from the couch about 4 times, to walk with her walker. He can always get her to drink a big glass of water, which she needs due to the UTI. After he left, she wanted a cookie, which she ate and drank some juice. She had to go to the bathroom, of course, again, too late, but after we got her cleaned up, she was tired and ready to lay down! She lay on her bed and slept for around two hours. I got her up for supper, where I fixed left over spaghetti, but it took her so long to eat it, it kept getting cold! I heated it up twice and then finally made her a grilled cheese, which she ate, along with potato chips and pudding. It was late when she was finished...around 8:15 so I sat her in her room and turned her tv on. She laid down in her bed and went to sleep. So I went in and tried to get her to put on her gown, but she didn't want to, so I laid it by her and told her when she was ready she could put it on. Around 15 minutes later I walked back in there and she had the gown on, and acted like she was seeing me for the first time today! I sat down on the bed with her and we talked for about 15- 20 minutes. She talks and I just basically agree with her! I don't always know what I am agreeing to, but it's easier on me to just agree. She finally said she was tired and I got up, she laid down and I could hear her praying, then she fell asleep. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but tonight was a good night.

No comments: