Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Friends

Today Rebekah's mom came over to stay with Mom for a couple of hours. This is the second time Mary has come to give me time away. She would come more, but I always hate to ask. Okay...I don't ask, Mary just calls and says she'll be over at a certain time and she shows up! But I know that she is there if I need her...that is an awesome feeling- to know someone who is not related to my mom is willing to come and be with her,take care of her and even change her underwear and clean her up if needed. I'm not sure that I would do that for anyone else. I hope I would, if the time ever arises. I was gone for two hours and when I got back Mary was sitting on the bed with Mom, showing her pictures of our grandchildren, Mom's great-grandchildren. We are all connected by those two precious babies, Cabot and Ainsley. Mom knew Cabot and called him by name, then told Mary she has never seen the baby. It makes me sad to know that Mom has a little great-granddaughter that she doesn't know. She has a 2 year old great-grandson , Ryan, in Florida that she has seen only one time. I am hoping that Mom is able to walk again without alot of pain and we are able to take her to Texas with us. Tim made the comment that I wouldn't enjoy myself if we took her, but there is more to life than just being able to enjoy it. It would me so much to me if Mom could see her Texas great-grandchildren. I would like for her to be able to see all of her great-grandchildren and grandchildren one more time before the Alzheimer's takes her mind completely. Mary showed her a picture of Jeremy and Mom said, "Jeremy Lynn". She hasn't seen Jeremy for quite some time, but that memory of him is still in her mind. One day the memories will all be gone. I don't know if I am prepared for that. But we'll take it one day, one moment at a time. But I just want to say- Thank you, Mary, for being there for me. You just can never understand how much that means to me! I truly do love you!

No comments: