Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just Another Day

Things changed from my last post...Mom did wake up around 11 pm last night and wanted to chat again. She was very confused...talked about lots of things that didn't make much sense to me, and I did a lot of agreeing with her. After about an hour of this, I told her I was going to bed and she should to. I asked her at least 6 times if she needed to go to the bathroom. No, No, No... I could make her go in there, but I guess that takes aways some of her independence. Anyway, got her to bed and about 5 minutes later, I hear her open the closet door. She thinks thats her bathroom. Anyway, I went in there and she told me she was looking for the toliet. Okay, after that was done, I gave her a Tylenol PM and she went to bed and went to sleep. Two hours after I tried to get her to bed. Maybe I should have started sooner! Well, she slept until 7 am. That's a good thing, sometimes though she sleeps until 9 a.m. She was very confused this morning when she got up. She told me I was talking too loud, that I was going to wake up the men...She then looked in her room! Really, we don't let her entertain the opposite sex! I had to convince her there were no men here, or no women, just us. She was just very confused. She took a little nap before lunch and when she woked up, she seemed to know she was in "that house on the hill." She remembered being here before, when her uncle used to own the house. Oh well, she can't get everything right! She ate a good breakfast and she just got finished with lunch. She is now sitting in the recliner watching games shows, and trying to sleep. She has vivid dreams, sometimes reaching out to try to touch someone, or this moring, she must have been dreaming about one of us kids, 'cause she had her arms positioned like she was holding a baby, and she said,"Give Mommy a kiss, " and held the "baby" up to her lips and kissed it! It was sweet, but funny, because then she said, "You didn't kiss Mommy, did you?" Then she woke up. I think as she gets stronger, her mind, even though very confused, knows that something isn't right. But so far, she is very cooperative, in her time.

No comments: